You can be confident in the high quality of the Lamaze seminars, which meet rigorous educational standards.
In addition to top-notch career preparation, you’ll earn 20 or more Lamaze contact hours that count towards certification eligibility, as well as 20 or more continuing nursing education credits from the California Board of Registered Nursing (CABRN).
What Will I Learn in a Lamaze Seminar?
Look inside a Lamaze Childbirth Educator Seminar.
Lamaze Childbirth Educator Seminars teach you how to:
- Design, teach and evaluate a course in Lamaze preparation that increases a pregnant person’s confidence and ability to give birth.
- Promote experiencing pregnancy as a normal, safe and healthy process which profoundly affects families.
- Help families discover and use strategies to facilitate a safe and healthy pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and start to parenting.
- Help families understand how complications and interventions influence the normal course of labor and birth.
- Create a curriculum using the Lamaze Six Healthy Birth Practices as your foundation.
- Create activities that will help you deliver engaging childbirth education classes.
- Prepare for the Lamaze Certification Exam in order to become a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator (LCCE educator).
What Will I Do in a Lamaze Seminar?
See what's awaiting you once you begin this career journey.
In addition to in-seminar activities, the following activities are either required or strongly recommended as part of your participation in a Lamaze Childbirth Educator Seminar:
- Complete independent study from the Lamaze Learning Guide and core reading
- Observe births
- Observe Lamaze classes
- Complete a curriculum design for Lamaze childbirth classes
- Student-teach Lamaze classes
Who Will Teach My Lamaze Seminar?
Learn more about each of the Lamaze-Accredited Childbirth Educator Programs that present Lamaze Childbirth Educator Seminars:
How Do I Sign-Up?
Locate a Lamaze Childbirth Educator Seminar taking place near you to start your Lamaze certification journey.
Find a Lamaze Seminar
For details on bringing a Lamaze seminar to you, contact us at 202-367-1128 or firstname.lastname@example.org.