You can be confident in the high quality of the Lamaze seminars, which meet rigorous educational standards. You’ll also earn a minimum of 20 Lamaze contact hours toward certification eligibility requirements and receive top-notch preparation for your career as a Lamaze educator.
Lamaze International is also a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Lamaze Childbirth Educator Seminars are planned for a minimum of 20 contact hours of continuing nursing education credit (CABRN).
The Lamaze Childbirth Educator Seminars teach you how to:
- Design, teach, and evaluate a course in Lamaze preparation that increases a pregnant person’s confidence and ability to give birth.
- Promote experiencing pregnancy as a natural, safe and healthy process which profoundly affects women and their families.
- Help families to discover and use strategies to facilitate a safe and healthy pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and start to parenting.
- Help women and their families understand how complications and interventions influence the normal course of labor and birth.
- Create a curriculum using the Lamaze Six Healthy Birth Practices as your foundation.
- Create activities that will help you deliver engaging childbirth education classes.
- Prepare for the Lamaze Certification Exam in order to become a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator (LCCE educator).
The following learning activities are either required or strongly recommended as part of your participation in a Lamaze Childbirth Educator Seminar:
- Complete independent study from the Lamaze Learning Guide and core reading
- Observe births
- Observe Lamaze classes
- Complete a curriculum design for Lamaze childbirth classes
- Student-teach Lamaze classes
Review the Accreditation Policies and Procedures to learn more about the standards that guide Lamaze-Accredited Childbirth Educator Programs.
First-time participants in all Lamaze Childbirth Educator Seminars will be eligible for a complimentary student membership that will provide them with a wide range of benefits such as discounts on Lamaze products, access to a number of professional resources and access to the online Lamaze community. Find more details about the Lamaze student membership.
Learn more about each of the Lamaze-Accredited Childbirth Educator Programs:
Find a Lamaze Seminar
For details on bringing a Lamaze seminar to your location, please contact the Lamaze Administrative Office at 202-367-2128.
Locate a Lamaze Seminar
Find a Lamaze Childbirth Educator Seminar taking place near you to start your Lamaze certification journey.
View all Upcoming Lamaze Seminars & Meetings
Please login to view private events to which you have access.