Order Your Copy
Giving Birth with Confidence and its companion blog have reached millions of parents. Authors Judith Lothian, RN, PhD, LCCE, FACCE, FAAN, and Charlotte DeVries take the best current research on how to have a safe and healthy birth and present it in an easy-to-understand way, giving parents actionable steps to put into practice right away.
Giving Birth with Confidence uncomplicates birth, helping parents to feel informed and confident rather than overwhelmed and fearful.
In the 3rd edition, we have included updated evidence and information on:
- How vaginal birth, keeping mother and baby together, and breastfeeding help to build the baby's microbiome
- How hormones naturally start and regulate labor and release endorphins to help alleviate pain
- Maternity-care practices that can disrupt the body's normal functioning
- The latest recommendations on lifestyle issues like alcohol, vitamins, and caffeine
- Room sharing and co-sleeping: the controversy, recommendations, and safety guidelines
- Out-of-hospital births are on the rise: New research and advice on planning home birth, including ACOG's revised guidelines, which support women's choices and promote seamless transfer to hospital, if needed
- The importance of avoiding unnecessary cesareans for mother and child. Includes the new ACOG guidelines on inductions and active labor
- The research in support of the Lamaze International's "Six Healthy Birth Practices"
Get a Lamaze Educator's Perspective
Read a review of Giving Birth with Confidence on Connecting the Dots.
Giving Birth with Confidence is an excellent teaching tool or companion resource for your in-person classes or to provide to patients. Members of Lamaze International and healthcare providers have the option to purchase copies in bulk at a discounted rate. Take advantage of this offer to add value to your classes and give parents-to-be an evergreen resource.
You can conveniently order Giving Birth with Confidence through Amazon and, with Prime benefits, you will save on shipping costs.