PSI Bridge is compatible with any modern Windows or Mac OS X computers with a working webcam, microphone, and internet connection.
PSI’s compatibility check tool will ensure the candidate’s system meets the following technical requirements (hardware and software) for their remote proctored exam:
- Operating system supported: Windows 8.1 and later; 32bit (x86) and 64bit (x64); Mac OS X and later.
- Browsers supported: PSI Secure Lock-Down Browser
- Browser settings: The browser must accept third-party cookies for the duration of the exam ONLY
- Webcam/microphone: Minimum VGA 640 x 480 resolution, enabled built-in or external microphone
- Bandwidth: Minimum 300 KBPS download and 256 Kbps upload; we recommend 5 MBPS or higher upload and download
- Hardware requirements: 2GB RAM Memory; 1 GB Free Disk Space, minimum 1368x769 screen resolution
Testing the Computer
From the Windows or Mac computer, you are going to use to take the exam, you must check to see if the computer is compatible with Live Remote Proctoring testing. If the computer is compatible, you can proceed to register to take an exam. If not, try another computer or consider taking the test at the Computer Testing Center (the test is taken at a PSI/AMP center).
- For PC user’s Windows 8, 10, and 11 are compatible. To find your window version, right-click on the window icon and select "run" in the box labeled "open" type in the word winver. Press enter.
- For Mac user's version 10.15 (Catalina), 11 (Big sur), and 12 (Monterey) operating systems are needed. To find out what version you have on a MAC click on the Apple icon and click on "about this mac". Firefox and Chrome are supported for use on your PC but not Edge or Internet Explorer. For Mac users Safari, Firefox or Chrome can be used.
If you are not using a personal computer or if you are using a work computer, you must ensure you have administrative rights for the secure download prior to your exam.
If you plan to use a work computer, you must have administrative rights with permission to disable the firewall for remote access.
- Ability to download and install a small program: PSI’s secure web browser. In work environments with firewalls, you must have administrative access to disable the firewall. This must be insured prior to taking an exam on a work computer. The compatibility test does not test for administrative rights and firewalls.
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Laptop or desktop computer (Windows or Mac only)
- Webcam, Microphone, and Speakers
- Stable Broadband Internet Connection – Minimum 300 Kbps download and 256 Kbps upload; we recommend 5Mbps or higher upload and download
- A wired connection is preferred over wireless (WIFI)
- Current version of Google Chrome or some other Chromium-based browser is best
- Flash player (for PC users)
- Chromebooks, tablets, and cellphones are not compatible and CANNOT BE USED, they don’t allow you to share your screen with a proctor
- Touchscreens cannot be used
- Dual screens are not allowed
Experiencing technical difficulties during your exam? For immediate assistance, please contact our testing partners at PSI. They can be reached immediately via live chat support, or by contacting one of the phone numbers below.
If your issue is not resolved, please contact PSI via email and the Lamaze Staff team at firstname.lastname@example.org with your exam confirmation number and any other pertinent details.
Please recognize that email requests may take a few business days, so immediate needs should be submitted via the PSI chat for phone lines.
PSI Phone Support - within US: 1-844-267-1017
PSI Phone Support - outside US: +1-617-564-9052
Still have questions? Our certification team is here to help! Email us at email@example.com.