Activities of the Lamaze Childbirth Education Research Initiative include:
- Tracking research and monitoring outcomes and measures related to childbirth education in an annotated bibliography
- Identifying data sources for childbirth education researchers
- Partnering with other groups and individual researchers who are making headway in improving childbirth and maternal outcomes such as Childbirth Connection, the California Quality Initiative, and the March of Dimes
- Collaborating with hospitals (i.e., Magnet designated), academic institutions (i.e. schools of nursing, midwifery, advanced practice nursing, public health, social work, physical therapy) to promote research into childbirth education research topics
See who is involved in the Research Initiative Workgroup roster.
Additional Resources for Researchers
Tools for Researchers
Research Specific to Pregnant Women and Lactating Women
Resources and Partners
Potential Funding Opportunities for Childbirth Education Research
- NIH Grants
- New! Research Grants: To be awarded at the Annual Membership Meeting taking place at LamazeLIVE! 2019.