With education and advocacy at the core of the Lamaze mission, the Board of Directors has decided to alternate educational and advocacy focused events each year. Learn more about Lamaze’s advocacy work.
Our Government Relations team will be guest-blogging on Connecting the Dots this fall to help you get up-to-speed on Lamaze’s advocacy agenda in 2020.
Share the Love
You're invited to "share the love" with fellow maternal health professionals!
During registration, we encourage you to make a donation to help fund scholarships to the 2020 Advocacy Summit. Scholarship recipients will be selected by our local partner organizations, and will represent diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Learn more about the 2020 Diversity + Outreach Scholarship.
Purpose and Criteria:
As part of Lamaze International’s effort to create a diverse membership and LCCE workforce, the Diversity + Outreach Scholarship has been established. The scholarship program is aimed at diversifying and expanding the LCCE workforce to promote safe and healthy birth for families in all communities. Lamaze International Diversity + Outreach Scholarship will consider applications from persons who come from under-represented groups within its membership and workforce.
Lamaze International is offering up to 6 scholarships to local maternal child health professionals to cover the cost of registration. Exact allocation of funds will be at the discretion of the Review Task Force based on the stated need of the applicant and the annual budget developed by the Lamaze Board of Directors.
Scholarship Criteria and Application:
Applicants considered for a scholarship must be working in the Washington DC area, and represent an underserved population.
In order to qualify applicants must:
- Be engaged in maternal/child health service and/or advocacy, and interested in learning more about bringing Lamaze evidence-based childbirth education to diverse and underserved communities.
- Submit the scholarship application, including short written (1-2 sentences) responses on the following topics:
- Describe how you meet the scholarship criteria.
- Describe how attending the Lamaze International conference will help you achieve your career goals and enhance the reach of Lamaze in your community.
- Describe your childbirth education journey thus far or submit your current resume.
- Describe the financial barriers and requested amount that would be helped by receiving a conference scholarship.
- Submit all materials by April 10, 2020
Applicants will be notified May 1, 2020.
Scholarship Review Task Force:
The Scholarship Review Task Force will be composed of three members; two Board members, the Diversity + Outreach Committee chair.
Application Review Process:
The applications will be reviewed and “scored” based on the following criteria:
- Current engagement in maternal/child health service and/or advocacy
- Written responses;
- Financial need;
- Filling an identified gap in expanding the reach of Lamaze childbirth education.