May 20, 2020
Share Your Infant Feeding Stories During COVID to Help
By: Cara Terreri | 0 Comments
How has the COVID-19 pandemic affected your experience feeding your baby? As a result of changes in the economy, in health care systems, in relationship structures caused by COVID-19, many families have experienced increased challenges with breastfeeding. The United States Breastfeeding Committee (USBC) is inviting pregnant and breastfeeding families to share your stories as a way to help inform, protect, promote, and support breastfeeding during this time and in future emergencies.
Consider sharing your story if you
- Have had issues accessing lactation support and infant feeding supplies
- Have experienced challenges with starting and establishing breastfeeding due to changes in how the hospital/your place of birth and/or health care provider practices
- Have experienced issues due to social distancing
- Are a person/family of color who has experienced additional challenges related to being marginalized and under-resourced
- Have experienced any changes, difficulties, challenges, impacts to breastfeeding that you know or feel is related to COVID-19
By sharing your stories, you will be helping to shine a light on our nation's infant feeding needs during the pandemic. The USBC will share your stories, without any identifying information, with stakeholders, policymakers, the media, and future action campaigns, blogs, and articles in an effort to create change and improvement when it comes to infant feeding during the pandemic and future emergencies.
Share your story!
TagsBreastfeeding COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Breastfeeding During Crisis