May 10, 2023
Non-alcoholic Drinks to Order Out During Pregnancy
By: Cara Terreri | 0 Comments
Instantly quitting alcohol for pregnancy can feel challenging and disappointing. It's common to feel like you're missing out on the fun. The good news is, alcohol itself isn't the source of "fun," but rather it's the event and time spent with others that produces good feelings. If you're feeling down about being sober, focus instead on the ritual of drinking with a fun mocktail instead. Here are some suggestions for what to order (instead of just water or soda) when you're out:
- Soda water with lime/lemon and/or cranberry
- Virgin versions of alcoholic mixed drinks on the menu
- Non-alcoholic beer
- Sparkling water in a fancy bottle
- Non-alcoholic wine
- Fancy iced tea -- mix with lemonade, cranberry, or a simple syrup; ask the bartender to get creative!
- Shirley Temple
- Fizzy juice -- ask for any juice mixed with soda water; garnish with mint, cherry, lime, etc.