The Lamaze Healthy Birth Practices are the foundation of what Lamaze believes and teaches. These Birth Practices are designed to simplify your birth process with a natural approach that helps alleviate your fears and manage pain. Regardless of your baby’s size, your labor’s length and complexity, or your confidence level, these care practices will help keep labor and your baby's birth as safe and healthy as possible.
For additional information and resources on the Lamaze Healthy Birth Practices download the Six Healthy Birth Practices infographic, Healthy Birth Practices booklet, the Healthy Birth Practices flyer, or simply participate in our new online parent education course: Safe and Healthy Birth: Six Simple Steps.
- Healthy Birth Practice 1: Let labor begin on its own
- Healthy Birth Practice 2: Walk, move around and change positions throughout labor
- Healthy Birth Practice 3: Bring a loved one, friend or doula for continuous support
- Healthy Birth Practice 4: Avoid interventions that are not medically necessary
- Healthy Birth Practice 5: Avoid giving birth on your back and follow your body's urges to push
- Healthy Birth Practice 6: Keep mother and baby together - It's best for mother, baby and breastfeeding