October 11, 2019
Boppy Comfyfit® Baby Carrier Review
By: Cara Terreri | 0 Comments
The following is a sponsored post from The Boppy Company. The product review was provided by an employee of Lamaze International who received the Boppy ComfyFit® Baby Carrier for free from The Boppy Company. Her opinions expressed are her own.
For this first-time mom—my son is 3 months old and approximately 13 lbs.—the Boppy ComfyFit® Baby Carrier was a vast improvement from the current carrier I was using. Not only is the yoga-like, stretchy fabric extremely comfortable, but it lessened the concerns over the well-being of my child because I could actually feel him breathing against me, which was not the case with a bulkier carrier. Also, I do not feel as though I'm wearing a heavy backpack; instead the fabric moves with me as if it's part of my clothing.
First, some general information about the carrier:
The Boppy ComfyFit® Baby Carrier supports babies 0 months and older ranging from 8 to 35 lbs. Babies can be carried in two front-carrying positions: Facing in or facing out. The carrier is one-size “fits most,” meaning that the carrier is interchangeable between parents and caregivers of all shapes and sizes.
For this review, I swapped out my previous baby carrier for the Boppy ComfyFit® Baby Carrier and used it over the span of two weeks to run errands, do work around the house, and enjoy the last days of summer weather—walking around/shopping/getting coffee—with my husband. Here's what I thought about my experience.
- Exceptionally comfortable fabric that gives with your every movement while keeping baby snug. It is light and airy, which is a game changer for someone who was previously overheated and cramped while baby wearing on a plane.
- My baby's comfort and enjoyment in both position options. He easily fell asleep while facing in and was fascinated by the outside world and completely at ease while facing out*. (Side note: In our attempts to push back his bed time a bit, we used the Boppy ComfyFit® Baby Carrier in the facing out position to distract him for an hour. It worked!)
- Easy access to the baby while baby wearing. Boppy’s “close enough to kiss” ideal is most definitely met as you are able to see your baby’s face (in the facing in position) and meet his/her needs—say, replace a lost pacifier—without having to fully readjust. This might seem like a simple task, but it was not with a more structured carrier.
- Affordability. The price is at least $100 less than the carrier I was previously using.
- Ease of storage. The Boppy ComfyFit® Baby Carrier folds into a Stash n’ Go pouch that fits nicely in the diaper bag as opposed to having yet another item to carry.
- Zippered pocket. There might not be enough room for a phone or wallet, but with a baby, who wants to bring even MORE stuff on an outing? You can absolutely take cash, an ID, credit card, and, perhaps, a key, with the built in pouch.
- Machine washable! Wash with baby detergent and dry on low and it’s as good as new.
As with all products, there were also some cons:
- The carrier itself isn’t as intuitive as I would have liked; you definitely need to read the instructions/watch the instructional video in order to wear it properly and safely.
- IMPORTANT: In my opinion, the brochure that comes with the product should make it clear that babies should be at least 6 months of age in order to be placed in the facing out position. I only realized this piece of information after going onto the Boppy website as this information was somewhat hidden as opposed to highlighted in the pamphlet.
- I was worried that my son was wrapped too tightly against me at first—mind you there was no indication/complaints from my baby that he was uncomfortable—but it took a little more time to ensure that was not the case.
- My biggest complaint would be that the wraps are quite long and for parents concerned about germs (who isn't??), it's not ideal to unwrap your child for a diaper change in a public place where the LONG wrap would hit the dirty floor.
- It would have been nice to be able to roll and clip up the excess waist straps once the wrap is tightened to your frame so there would be no dangling and they wouldn’t be in the way.
After wearing the Boppy Comfyfit® Baby Carrier, I wondered if it would be convenient and/or comfortable to wear a 35-pound baby in the front, facing out. My other carrier gives me the option of wearing my baby on my back, which seems like it may be an easier position as my baby grows. I look forward to trying out both options when my baby gets bigger!
Overall, I was very pleased with the Boppy Comfyfit® Baby Carrier; I even wore it at home during the day in order to get things accomplished—and get my snuggles in! I would give it a solid A- rating.
*The product is not meant to be used in the facing out position for babies younger than 6 months old. I did not know this prior to using the product.
TagsBaby Carriers Baby gear Sponsored Post Product Review Boppy