July 17, 2020
ACOG Answers Covid Questions for Pregnant & Birthing Families
By: Cara Terreri | 1 Comments
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) maintains up-to-date information on Covid-19 for pregnant and birthing people in an easy-to-read resource on their website, which can help families more easily navigate the ever-changing influx of online information about the virus.
In addition to basic facts, the site also answers the following questions:
- How does COVID-19 affect pregnant women?
- How can COVID-19 affect a fetus?
- What should pregnant women do to avoid the coronavirus?
- Should pregnant women wear a mask or face covering?
- How will COVID-19 affect prenatal and postpartum care visits?
- What should I do if I am pregnant and diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Should I make any changes to my labor and delivery plans?
- Can COVID-19 pass to a baby through breast milk?
- How can I avoid passing COVID-19 to my baby?
Learn the answers to these and more questions at ACOG.org.
To learn about specific policies at your place of birth that may be different due to Covid-19, you can visit the hospital or birth center's website or call them directly to find out what is required and what is permitted.
TagsACOG COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Covid and Pregnancy Covid and Birth