First, I was delighted to find this forum a few months ago! I was excited that when I had questions I could get an answer from you or someone like-minded from this site. I have a son who just turned two and was able to have him naturally and it was a wonderful experience. I read The Thinking Womans Guide and recommend it lots. I referenced that book so many times during my last pregnancy! On to why I am here today.
I wasn't quite sure where to post this one, but thought this thread may be the best. I learned 2 weeks ago that I have a 'blighted ovum'. I had the same type of miscarriage back in December (so second BO in 5 months). Doc and a friend's midwife say both are flukes. We were easily able to concieve my son and I have no history of prior miscarriage. I am 30 and what most would consider very healthy. For first in Dec, I waited 10 days after confirmation and then had the D&C. I REALLY didn't want to, but the emotional pain was so unbearable that I thought I might lose my mind. This round we are on day 14. I would prefer not to have the D&C and the doc has offered Cytotec.
At this moment, I am doing fairly well both physically and emotionally. I am just not quite sure how long I can wait. I would strongly prefer my body to take care of this naturally and I know it will, just not sure if my mind can wait much longer. It is true mental torture and every day seems to make it a tiny bit worse.
Is Cytotec safe in a situation like this? What are the risks? Can you direct me to any literature that could help me to decide?