Parent Blog-Writing Contest
Calling all moms – and dads too! You’ve been through the big day and now it’s your turn to tell expecting parents about what you’ve learned along the way. Share your childbirth story with us in a written or video blog and you could win a baby product from Lamaze and Tomy.com.
Our panel of judges will select three written and three video blogs to receive the following:
- First Place: Lamaze car seat, provided by TOMY (approx. value $220.00)
- Second Place: GC Brands Childrenswear Baby Wardrobe (approx. value $150)
- Third Place: Selection of Lamaze baby toys and books, provided by TOMY (approx. value $100)
For your entry, take some time to reflect on your baby’s birth day and share your answers to these questions:
Push for Your Baby!
- Why do you think it’s important for parents to push for the best care for mom and baby during labor and birth?
- How did Lamaze childbirth education help you push for the safest, healthiest birth?
- Did dad or your birth partner take childbirth education? How did it help support you on your baby’s birth day?
- What’s the most important thing that you learned in Lamaze class that helped you push for the safest, healthiest birth possible for your baby?
Advice for other parents?
- Based on your own experiences, what’s the one thing you would tell new, expecting parents about preparing for baby’s birth day?
How to Enter
We've extended the entry deadline! Using the form below, submit your entry no later than Wednesday, August 15, 2012. We will announce the prize winners in early September. All blogs* will be published on the Push for Your Baby Campaign website and the first place blogs will be posted to the home pages of Lamaze.org and PushforYourBaby.com, as well as shared via Lamaze’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
*Before being posted on the website, each blog post will be reviewed for appropriate content. Blogs found to be insulting, profane or otherwise inappropriate will not be posted.
Video should be no longer than three minutes in length and posted on YouTube. Written entries should be no longer than 700 words. Our panel of judges will evaluate entries on narrative (as defined above), originality and creativity.
Online Entry Form
By entering this contest, participants agree to follow these official rules and any decisions made by Lamaze International. Failure to comply may result in disqualification. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and is void outside the US, and elsewhere as prohibited by law. Lamaze International, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies are collectively referred to as the “Company”.
- Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. All prizes must be redeemed from Lamaze International within thirty (30) days of the contest end date. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. The Company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value, and no substitutions by a winner will be allowed in lieu of offered prize.
- Eligibility and Limitations. To enter the Contest, a participant must be 18 years old or older at the time of entry and be a legal US resident. Only one (1) entry per person. Only one (1) prize per household for the Contest. Directors, Officers, and employees of the Company and the Contest’s participating sponsors, and their immediate family members, are not eligible to participate. The following behaviors are prohibited and may result in disqualification: providing fraudulent information; submitting illegal, obscene, annoying, harassing or threatening material; tampering with the entry process or the operation of any websites in connection with the Contest; and acting in violation of these Official Rules.
- Internet and Delivery Disclaimer. The Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue their online submission due to equipment malfunction, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Company’s control, or otherwise. For all contests the Company disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. Participants are solely responsible for their use of goods or services provided by parties other than Company.
- Publicity. Entry constitutes permission to use each participant’s name, city, state, age, photo, likeness, and other personal information submitted to Company to publicize the Contest without additional compensation unless prohibited by law.
- Intellectual Property Rights. Each participant hereby grants to Company a nonexclusive, royalty-free, transferable, perpetual license to publish, reproduce, publicly distribute, publicly display, and prepare derivative works from the participant’s entry, whether in whole or in part, in all languages and in all print and electronic formats now or hereafter known. Each participant warrants that: (i) he/she is the sole creator of the entry he/she submitted; (ii) the entry is original and does not contain previously copyrighted material (except for copyrighted material for which the participant obtained permission to use); and (iii) the entry does not infringe upon any trademark or other proprietary right, violate any right of privacy, or contain libelous material.
- Release. Each participant hereby waives any and all claims against the Company and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, for any and all liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses which the participant may incur arising from or relating to the conduct of or participation in the Contest.
- Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and may be required to provide a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded.
- Miscellaneous. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. Lamaze International reserves the right to cancel, suspend, or modify the Contest if an event beyond Lamaze's reasonable control renders holding the Contest impractical. For a copy of the rules or a list of winners, visit the Lamaze website.
- Governing Law. These Contest Rules are deemed to have been entered into in the District of Columbia and are governed exclusively by the laws of the District of Columbia, without reference to its choice of law doctrine. The sole jurisdiction and venue for any litigation arising from this Agreement is the appropriate federal or District court located in the District of Columbia.
Lamaze International’s interpretation of these Official Rules and determination of winners and prizes is final.