Lamaze Online Classes—Education at Your Fingertips
Lamaze has launched an online parent education platform which provides the tools, resources and education you need to ensure a safe and healthy birth. The online classes provide an engaging and self-paced learning environment, allowing current parents and parents-to-be to virtually interact with certified childbirth professionals and content experts through all stages of pregnancy. You are able to learn at your own pace and access the classes anytime from any device. You’ll find interactive content designed for an engaging learning experience to prepare you for birth and beyond.
The following classes are available through our online learning platform:
Labor and birth require a lot of physical and mental preparation. As you get ready for your upcoming birth, you will want to have a variety of comfort measures and coping techniques in your labor toolbox so that you and your support team can be as prepared as possible. Learning helpful labor positions and strategies to promote labor progress will allow your body to work with your baby toward a safe and healthy birth. Lamaze International has created this class to provide you with the information and skills you will need to minimize discomfort and labor confidently.
After completing this class learners will be able to:
- Use learned relaxation skills suitable for early labor
- Practice a variety of comfort techniques that minimize active labor discomfort
- Understand back labor and how to cope with back pain while encouraging baby to turn
- Plan for transition with effective labor strategies
- Learn the top positions for pushing that open the pelvis and shorten the pushing time
As comforting and healthy as breastfeeding can be, it is not always easy in the first few weeks while recovering from birth. If you find yourself struggling, know that hard work in the early weeks pays off as you and your baby learn to breastfeed. Having realistic expectations about how breastfeeding will go in the early weeks will help you to meet your breastfeeding goals. With the information in this class, you can prepare to get breastfeeding off to a great start and look forward to the many benefits that breastfeeding can provide to you and your baby.
After complete this class, learners will be able to:
- Recognize the Benefits of Breastfeeding to Mother and Baby
- Understand how milk supply works
- Learn about the mechanics of breastfeeding, latch and positioning
- Recognize good feeding and if baby is getting enough milk
- Manage nighttime breastfeeding
- Be prepared for what to do if there is a recommendation to supplement/pump
- Prepare for returning to work
This class will help you understand the facts, benefits, and risks of all your delivery options including a vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC), and set you up for the best chance of success. Prepare yourself and learn how to simplify your labor and birth by participating in this interactive online course.
After Completing this class, you will be able to:
- Understand the risks and benefits of both VBAC and repeat cesarean birth
- Recognize the qualities of a VBAC supportive health care provider
- Identify a strong support team for your VBAC birth
- Develop and practice coping and comfort techniques that will help during your VBAC labor
- Write a VBAC and cesarean birth plan that reflects your informed preferences
Knowledge is power! It’s our goal to help you prepare for one of the most important days of your life – baby’s birthday! This class presents six simple practices that research has shown to greatly improve birth outcomes for both mothers and babies. Lamaze has simplified the scientific facts into six healthy birth practices to make it easy for you to choose the safest care, understand your options, and steer clear of care practices or unnecessary interventions that may not be the best for you and your baby.Participate in the very first Lamaze online parent education class: Safe and Healthy Birth: Six Simple Steps. This class is designed around the foundation of Lamaze: Lamaze Six Healthy Birth Practices. The Lamaze Six Healthy Birth Practices were developed by Lamaze International and are based on recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO).
After completing this class, you will be able to:
- Discover how the Lamaze Six Healthy Birth Practices can simplify your labor and birth
- Find out how your care provider and support team can make a difference
- Learn about common medical interventions
- Alleviate fears and learn ways to manage pain
- Build your knowledge and confidence to make informed decisions