Lamaze Online Classes—Education at Your Fingertips
Lamaze has launched an online parent education platform which provides the tools, resources and education you need to ensure a safe and healthy birth. The online classes provide an engaging and self-paced learning environment, allowing current parents and parents-to-be to virtually interact with certified childbirth professionals and content experts through all stages of pregnancy. You are able to learn at your own pace and access the classes anytime from any device. You’ll find interactive content designed for an engaging learning experience to prepare you for birth and beyond
The following classes are available through our online learning platform:
New! Breastfeeding Basics: From Birth to Back to Work
As comforting and healthy as breastfeeding can be, it is not always easy in the first few weeks while recovering from birth. If you find yourself struggling, know that hard work in the early weeks pays off as you and your baby learn to breastfeed. Having realistic expectations about how breastfeeding will go in the early weeks will help you to meet your breastfeeding goals. With the information in this class, you can prepare to get breastfeeding off to a great start and look forward to the many benefits that breastfeeding can provide to you and your baby.
After complete this class, learners will be able to:
- Recognize the Benefits of Breastfeeding to Mother and Baby
- Understand how milk supply works
- Learn about the mechanics of breastfeeding, latch and positioning
- Recognize good feeding and if baby is getting enough milk
- Manage nighttime breastfeeding
- Be prepared for what to do if there is a recommendation to supplement/pump
- Prepare for returning to work
New! VBAC: Informed and Ready
This class will help you understand the facts, benefits, and risks of all your delivery options including a vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC), and set you up for the best chance of success. Prepare yourself and learn how to simplify your labor and birth by participating in this interactive online course.
After Completing this class, you will be able to:
- Understand the risks and benefits of both VBAC and repeat cesarean birth
- Recognize the qualities of a VBAC supportive health care provider
- Identify a strong support team for your VBAC birth
- Develop and practice coping and comfort techniques that will help during your VBAC labor
- Write a VBAC and cesarean birth plan that reflects your informed preferences
Safe and Healthy Birth: Six Simple Steps
Participate in the very first Lamaze online parent education class: Safe and Healthy Birth: Six Simple Steps. This class is designed around the foundation of Lamaze: Lamaze Six Healthy Birth Practices. The Lamaze Six Healthy Birth Practices were developed by Lamaze International and are based on recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO).
Knowledge is power! It’s our goal to help you prepare for one of the most important days of your life – baby’s birthday! This class presents six simple practices that research has shown to greatly improve birth outcomes for both mothers and babies. Lamaze has simplified the scientific facts into six healthy birth practices to make it easy for you to choose the safest care, understand your options, and steer clear of care practices or unnecessary interventions that may not be the best for you and your baby.
After completing this class, you will be able to:
- Discover how the Lamaze Six Healthy Birth Practices can simplify your labor and birth
- Find out how your care provider and support team can make a difference
- Learn about common medical interventions
- Alleviate fears and learn ways to manage pain
- Build your knowledge and confidence to make informed decisions