Recent News & Press Releases
- Lamaze Celebrates New CDC Report on Infant Mortality Rate in the U.S
- New Study Challenges Current Cesarean Guidelines for Improved Birth Outcomes
- United Nations New Report on Global Maternal Mortality Rates
- Lamaze Applauds New CMS Outcome Measures to Reduce Early Elective Deliveries
- Lamaze International Mourns the Passing of Co-Founder Elisabeth Bing
- Letter to the Editor
- Lamaze President Release
- New Consensus Statement Important Step to Reduce Unnecessary Cesareans
- Advice For New Parents: Things Every Parent Needs to KNow About Newborns
- Knowledgeable Pregnancy Partners Instrumental in Safe and Healthy Births
- Lamaze to Parents: Get the Most From Hospital Tours to be Ready for Baby's Arrival
- Mythbusting May Help Improve Health of Women of Color and their Babies
- Lamaze International President Michele Deck Responds to USA Today’s Article: “Decline in U.S. births goes beyond the ailing economy” 10/3
- Lamaze Calls Out Breastfeeding Barriers to Support Continued Rise of Breastfeeding Rates in the U.S
- Fathers: You Play a Key Role in a Safe and Healthy Birth - Lamaze honors Father’s Day with 5 tips for expecting dads to offer support in pregnancy, labor and birth.
- New Lamaze Campaign Encourages Women to Push for Better Maternity Care -Education is key to avoiding increasingly common practices that are unnecessary or sometimes harmful; Women share birth experiences in their own voices.
- Lamaze Launches Campaign Urging Women to Push for Better Care - Campaign features mothers speaking out about maternity care, role of childbirth education.
- Why Are Home Births on the Rise? - Statement from Michele Deck, President of Lamaze International, in response to the NCHS report, "Trends in Home Births in the United States: 1990-2009"
- Six Tips for Choosing a Birthplace - Mothers Can Improve Their Chances of Having a Safe, Healthy Birth by Considering These Factors When Choosing a Birthplace
- Statement from Michele Deck, President of Lamaze International - Statement from Michele Deck, President of Lamaze International regarding: Release of Annual Birth Statistics
- Five Tips for Choosing a Childbirth Education Class - For expectant moms, one of the best, and often overlooked, ways of improving the odds of a safe and healthy birth is to take a good childbirth education class. But how do moms know whether they are choosing a class that will make a difference?
- Five Tips for Avoiding a Cesarean - Mothers Can Improve Their Chances of Having a Safe, Healthy Birth by Adopting These Practices