The Lamaze Difference
Knowing that pregnancy and birth can be demanding on your body and mind, Lamaze seeks to help build your confidence and ensure that you have the support you need during pregnancy and birth. You’ve likely received a lot of information from many resources, and it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. We’ll help you evaluate these resources to make safe and healthy choices that are best for you and your baby.
Lamaze Six Healthy Birth Practices
Lamaze childbirth education is built on the Lamaze Healthy Birth Practices. These evidence-based practices, adapted from the World Health Organization, promote, protect and support natural, safe and healthy birth. Lamaze education upholds these fundamentals:
Helping You Decide What’s Best for Both You and Your Baby
- Lamaze supports evidence-based pregnancy, birth and parenting practices that are supported by research and experienced childbirth educators.
- Lamaze guides you as you navigate all of your options, and their benefits and drawbacks.
- Lamaze seeks to empower you as you explore how your body was designed for birth, and encourages you to work with your body’s natural abilities.
- Lamaze provides strategies for comfort and coping with pain during labor, reducing unnecessary medical interventions, and receiving continuous support during labor and birth.
- Lamaze encourages bonding between you and your baby, with the importance of skin-to-skin contact and time to get to know your new baby after birth.