Fundamentals for Birth
- Birth is normal, natural and healthy.
- Women have an innate ability to give birth.
- The experience of birth profoundly affects women and their families.
- Women's confidence and ability to give birth is either enhanced or diminished by the care provider and place of birth.
- Women have the right to give birth free from routine medical interventions.
- Birth can safely take place in homes, birth centers and hospitals.
- Lamaze childbirth education empowers women to make informed choices in healthcare and take responsibility for their health, and to trust their innate ability to give birth.