Induction by Artificial
Rupture of Membranes
- Induction with Pitocin
- IV Fluids
- Epidural and Anesthesia
- Movement Restrictions
- Continuous EFM
- Directed Pushing
- Cesarean Surgery
Lamaze Healthy Birth Practices
The Lamaze Healthy Birth Practices are the foundation of Lamaze. These Birth Practices are designed to help simplify your birth process with a natural approach that helps alleviate your fears and manage pain. Regardless of your baby’s size, your labor’s length and complexity, or your confidence level, these care practices will help keep labor and your baby's birth as safe and healthy as possible.
For additional information and resources on the Lamaze Healthy Birth Practices download the Six Healthy Birth Practices infographic, Healthy Birth Practices booklet, the Healthy Birth Practices flyer, or simply participate in our new online parent education course: Safe and Healthy Birth: Six Simple Steps.
- Healthy Birth Practice 1: Let labor begin on its own
- Healthy Birth Practice 2: Walk, move around and change positions throughout labor
- Healthy Birth Practice 3: Bring a loved one, friend or doula for continuous support
- Healthy Birth Practice 4: Avoid interventions that are not medically necessary
- Healthy Birth Practice 5: Avoid giving birth on your back and follow your body's urges to push
- Healthy Birth Practice 6: Keep mother and baby together - It's best for mother, baby and breastfeeding
The Lamaze Healthy Birth Practices featured in these video clips and print materials are tried-and-true ways to make birth as safe and healthy as possible.
The Lamaze Healthy Birth Practices are also available in eleven languages: English, Mandarin, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Polish, Romanian, Greek, Arabic, and Hebrew.